Teresa welcomes art commissions of any kind. The information below is what you need to know about how to commission a painting.
At your request, Teresa will create a custom oil painting for you on any topic, including:
- Portraits of loved ones or pets.
- Travel destinations you’ve traveled to on vacation or business, or those you hope to visit someday.
- House or family homestead: Perhaps you’d like a painting done of your home or family homestead, the house, town, or place where you grew up.
- Favorite photographs you would like to have a painting done of.
- Repeat paintings: Teresa will produce duplicate paintings of her work if you find a painting on this website that you like but it has already been sold or you need it in a different size.
Whatever your heart desires, Teresa can turn it into a painting just for you. See the instructions below on what she will need from you to get your special painting started.
How to Commission a Painting
This text provides an overview of how to commission a painting.
If you have a special painting in mind, contact us! Teresa will be happy to do a commission oil painting just for you. All she needs to get started is a good photograph of what you want a painting of and a small, non-refundable deposit that will be applied toward the total purchase price of your painting. You’ll find her easy to work with and willing to please. Teresa will work hard to give you a painting you’ll love and be proud of.
If you see a painting in Teresa’s gallery that you love, but it has already sold, or you would like it in a different size, she will be happy to do a reproduction painting or a similar one of it for you as a commissioned oil painting. Please note that Teresa will only do reproductions or similar paintings of her work. She will not copy the work of other artists.
When you are ready to commission Teresa to paint a custom painting just for you, contact us and be sure to include the following information.
Information to include:
- The approximate size of the painting you have in mind. The size of the painting you’re considering depends on the subject matter and the location where it will be displayed.
- The topic or type of painting you want. Be descriptive, or better yet, email a digital photo(s) of what you want.
- And anything else you believe she might need to know.
What Teresa Needs from You
A good, clear photo(s) of the subject matter as you want it to appear in your painting. This photo should be one you are completely happy with. If not, provide another one you are satisfied with, or be very specific regarding what changes you want to be made to the subject matter contained within the photo. Please keep in mind that Teresa is a realist artist and will create your painting as close to the photo as possible. In other words, she paints what she sees.
Your deposit. This small, non-refundable deposit will be applied toward the total purchase price of your painting. Except for portraits of loved ones, you are not obligated to purchase the painting if you are not happy with it; however, the deposit is non-refundable. The deposit covers the cost of materials used to begin your painting.
Your patience. This is very important because:
- You want Teresa to do a good job for you. Although she will work as quickly as possible, please keep in mind that your painting won’t happen overnight. She will send you progress reports or updates at various stages of the work to keep you posted on how your painting is coming along.
- Please remember that Teresa works with oil paints, and drying time varies with each painting. Once your painting is completed, she will need to wait until it is dry enough to safely package it before shipping.
- You can expect it to take a minimum of 6 months (even longer for portraits) from the time Teresa starts your painting until it is ready for shipping. Your patience will ensure she creates a painting you will be happy with and bring you years of enjoyment.
If Your Commission Is Turned Down
Don’t take offense if Teresa turns down your commission. It doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, it’s usually because the photo(s) is not suited to making a great painting or she is too busy to take on another commission at the moment. Whichever is the case, she will let you know. At that time, you can try a different photo(s) or wait until Teresa has finished her other commissions and has more time to devote to your painting.
Thank you for considering Teresa as your commission artist.
Have a question?
If you have a question about commissioning a painting, please contact us, and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Thanks for reading this!
Feel free to share this with your friends.