From “Zackenstil” to “Zoomorphic”
- A 13th-century German word meaning “jagged style.” Zackenstil is used to describe a zig-zag style used in sculpture, painting, stained glass and manuscript illumination.
- A style of Japanese calligraphy and painting, done in ink. Often both calligraphy and image will be in the same piece of art.
- Zinc white
- A common white pigment, zinc white is a brilliant white synthetically derived from the metal zinc.
- A printing process that uses zinc plates instead of stones plates made from fine lithographic limestone.
- Zinnober green
- Another name for chrome green.
- Describes forms of art and ornaments based on the shape, form or likeness of an animal.
UPDATED: 02 February 2017