If you would like to purchase one of the paintings above, click on the thumbnail image to navigate to the painting’s more information page. All transactions are handled via PayPal. This provides customers with a safe and secure way to purchase their paintings online.
Not Finding What You Are Looking For?
Teresa is also a renown commission artist. She has done paintings for fellow art collectors and enthusiasts around the world. If you have a special painting in mind, she would love the opportunity to paint it for you. Simply follow the link for more information on how to commission a painting.
Size: 20″ w x 16″ h Support: Gallery wrap stretched canvas Description: A night sky painting depicting the moon setting beyond the horizon. This artwork does not require a frame as the painted image extends all the way around the edges of the painting.
This painting comes with an official Certificate of Authenticity. It is your guarantee the artwork you have purchased is a genuine Teresa Bernard Oil Painting.
Contact us for international postage and handling.
All transactions are handled via PayPal, a safe and secure way to make your purchase.
The definition of a moonset is when the moon is full and dips just below the western horizon near dawn. Ever since man first looked up at the stars, he has been fascinated by the big sphere that hangs in the night sky above us and this particular artist is no exception. My favorite time to take a walk is in the late evening just before turning in for the night. I absolutely love looking up into the night sky and seeing the stars and the moon on a cloudless or almost cloudless night.
FYI…Did you know the common belief the moon has a dark side is a myth? The truth is both sides of the Moon see the same amount of sunlight. The Moon rotates around on its own axis about once every 27 days. This is approximately the same amount of time it takes to orbit the Earth which means the same side is always facing the Earth. Astronomers call this phenomenon “synchronous rotation.” Only about 59% of the moon is ever visible to Earth over the course of an entire orbit. The rest of the 41% — the part many call “dark” — is the part we never ever get to see from Earth. The “far side” of the Moon has only been seen by the human eye from a spacecraft.
Have a question?
If you have a question about this painting, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions.
Size: 18″ x 24″ Support: Gallery wrap stretched canvas Description: A rendition of man’s first step onto the surface of earth’s moon.
SOLD: This lunar landscape oil painting was a commission and has already sold an art collector in Japan. If you desire something similar, Teresa Bernard does art commissions. Click on the link for more information.
I received my painting! Thank you very much, it’s a beautiful work of art! — P. Cooper, Yokosuka, Japan
This painting depicts the historic event of man’s first walk on the moon. It is one of two custom paintings commissioned by an art collector living in Japan. The other painting is “Land Rover Tracks of Mars.”
Man first stepped on the moon July 20, 1969. The iconic footprint depicts the infamous day when Neil Armstrong first put his left foot on the rocky Moon surface. The Apollo 11 crew had taken TV cameras with them and this meant people all over the world could watch when it happened. You can read more about this historic event at NASA’s web site: Apollo 11 – First Footprint on the Moon.
First Footprint on the Moon is my first painting of the space art genre. Since I have never been to the moon nor seen the iconic footprint in person, it required some research on my part to come up with this composition. I used a NASA photo of the footprint and spent time studying their photos of the moon’s surface to get an idea of what it would be like there. For the background I used photos of strange “alien looking” landscapes found right here on earth to complete the composition. Then, I added the distant view of earth in the night sky to add the finishing touch. My client absolutely loved his painting when it was done. I love it too. In fact, he was so happy with it that he commissioned me to do another one for him. This time the setting would be Mars.