© Copyright 2012 – Present
Size: 24″ x 18″
Support: Gallery wrap stretched canvas
Description: A vivid sunset with the silhouette of a cowboy. This painting will not need a frame as the painted image extends around the edges of the canvas.
Artist Comments: Some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world happen right here in Texas, but of course I might be just a tad bit biased in that regard. I love the bright, colorful sunsets that I have the privilege of enjoying almost every evening. I also love the idea of cowboys, horses and the Old West. I remember back in my childhood pretty much all you could watch on TV were westerns. It was a fantasy life all us kids dreamed about living someday. We would pretend to be cowboys and rode imaginary horses for hours until mom called us in for supper.
When my husband decided it was time to retire from the Navy and settle down to live life as civilians, we bought some land and built a small ranch in East Texas with a couple of horses, a donkey and a few head of cattle. It was our dream to live the cowboy way of life. The cowboy in this painting is of no one in particular, just a cowboy.
Some Funny Quotes About the “Cowboy Way of Life”
• If you’re riding ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it’s still there.
• Always drink upstream from the herd.
• Don’t squat with your spurs on!
• Behind every successful rancher is a wife who works in town.
• Few cowboys ever owned much. The primary reward of being a cowboy is the pleasure of living a cowboy’s life.
This painting is part of the Life in Texas Series.