© Copyright 2004 – Present
Size: 12″ x 9″
Support: Stretched canvas
FREE shipping and handling within the U.S.A.
Contact the artist to purchase this painting.
Artist Comments: This painting is second in a series of Holy Land paintings featuring the Garden Tomb. The famous tomb is located in the Garden of Gethsemane near Jerusalem and is considered by many Christians to be the actual burial and resurrection place of Jesus the Christ after His crucifixion at Golgotha, the place of the skull, rather than the famous Church of The Holy Sepulchre.
Many believe this to be the site of the crucifixion, burial and resurrection of Jesus because it so clearly fits the description described in each of the Gospel accounts.
Site of the Crucifixion:
- Skull Rock outside the city walls of Jerusalem
- Near a gate of the city
- Along a busy thoroughfare
- At a place of public execution
- At the place of the skull – Golgoatha
- A garden nearby
Evidence regarding the site of the tomb can be found in Matthew 27:57-60.
- Skull Rock located in a garden
- Belonged to a rich man named Joseph of Arimathea
- Cut out of the rock
- Sealed with a rolling stone
- Entered through a low doorway
- Burial chamber situated to the right of the entrance
For more information about this popular tourist place, check out this website.
This painting is part of the Bible Lands Series.