Moonrise, Moonset

full moon oil painting
© Copyright 2013 – Present

Title: Moonrise, Moonset
Size:
20″ w x 16″ h
Support: Gallery wrap stretched canvas
Description: This is a painting depicting a full moon rising or setting with a star-filled sky in the background. This artwork does not require a frame as the painted image extends around the edges of the canvas. Hand-painted and signed by fine artist Teresa Bernard.

See Artist Comments below for additional information regarding this painting.

painting of a full moon
Not to scale

Authenticity Certified

TB sealThis painting comes with an official Certificate of Authenticity. It is your guarantee the artwork you have purchased is a genuine Teresa Bernard Oil Painting.

>> More information

Purchasing Information

NEW LOWER PRICE!

$360

was $410

FREE shipping and handling within the U.S.A.
Contact us for international postage and handling.




 

How PayPal works.By purchasing your painting from this site, you are buying directly from Teresa Bernard. All transactions are via PayPal, a safe and secure way to make your purchase.

Artist Comments

Moonrise, Moonset was inspired by the east Texas moon. This is a painting depicting a full moon rising or setting with a star-filled sky in the background. Ever since man first looked up at the stars, he has been fascinated by the giant sphere that hangs in the night sky above us, and this particular artist is no exception. My favorite time to take a walk is in the late evening before turning in for the night. I love looking up into the night sky and seeing the stars and the moon on a cloudless or almost cloudless night. I especially love the times when the moon shines so brightly it lights up the night to so it looks almost like day! Just one of the many “bennies” of country living.

The Far Side of the Moon

FYI…Did you know the common belief the moon has a dark side is a myth? The truth is both sides of the Moon see the same amount of sunlight. The Moon rotates around on its axis about once every 27 days. This is approximately the same amount of time it takes to orbit the Earth, which means the same side is always facing the Earth. Astronomers call this phenomenon “synchronous rotation.” Only about 59% of the moon is ever visible to Earth throughout an entire orbit. The rest of the 41% — the part we call “dark” — is the part we never get to see from Earth. The “far side” of the Moon has only been seen by the human eye from a spacecraft.

Moonrise, Moonset

Moonrise: The time when the upper outermost edge of the moon rises above the horizon.

Moonset: The time when the moon’s upper outermost edge sets below the horizon.

Have a question?

If you have a question about this painting, please contact us, and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions.

Other Paintings Of Interest

First Man on the Moon oil painting
First Man on the Moon (2012) 
24″ w x 18″ h
Fly Me To The Moon painting by Teresa Bernard
Fly Me To The Moon
(2020)
9″ w x 12″ h
Space The Next Frontier oil painting
Space…The Next Frontier (2017)
24″ w x 18″ h

Teresa’s Insider News

Be the first to know! Sign up here to be among the first to receive sneak peeks of recently completed paintings, new announcements, and other updates at the art studio.

Teresa has an insider newsletter, and it’s FREE! This is her way of keeping her friends up to date by giving you sneak peeks of new paintings she completes, as well as other announcements before they are made public. Her newsletter is published every other month, so be sure to get on her mailing list. You don’t want to miss a thing!

Your Feedback

“What a magnificent painting you have made!” — Zevhiroth, Deviant Art

Thanks for looking!

Feel free to share this with your friends.


Enjoy this page? Please share it. Thanks!